Wednesday, September 28, 2022 “A” Day
Today’s Menu: Cheese Tortellini with Freshly Grilled Chicken, Carrot and Celery Sticks.
Also offered: Pizza, chicken, Chef’s Choice, salads, wraps, and pasta bar
Chef Brian's Menu: Friday: Warrior Wings served with Carrots and Celery, Ranch and Blue Cheese Sauce
1. It’s Homecoming Week! There are dress up days all week: Today is Wednesday - neon, Thursday is jersey, and Friday is class t-shirt day. If you bought a class t-shirt, they will be distributed on the mezzanine during both lunches.
2. Reminder: Homecoming Dance tickets are available through GoFan. Tickets must be purchased by Noon Friday, September 30. All Homecoming Dance Guest Permission forms must be turned in to the office by the end of the day Tomorrow (9/29).
3. Seniors, this week’s college application help session will be on Wednesday, 9/28 in the Counseling Office. High school counselors are here to help you achieve your postsecondary goals, whether that be with application assistance, transcripts requests, and/or other supplemental items. Sign up in FlexiSched.
4. Seniors, if you are planning to attend Madison College and have not yet applied, come to the application workshop taking place in the Counseling Office this Thursday, 9/29 from 9:00am-12:30pm! No application fee. If you have any questions please stop by the Counseling Office.
5. Attention Seniors - Senior yearbook items including your senior pictures and senior profiles are due November 30th. Information was sent to your school email with more information. PLEASE DO NOT WAIT TO SUBMIT THESE ITEMS OR YOU MAY NOT BE INCLUDED IN THE YEARBOOK.
6. Attention Sophomores & Juniors: Only THREE more days to register for the optional Preliminary SAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test (PSAT/NMSQT). The test will be administered on Wednesday, October 12 (A-day) during 1st & 2nd blocks. Interested students should register in the counseling office by September 30..
7. Attention Juniors and Seniors: The Waunakee Counseling Department is offering junior and senior students the opportunity to attend the Wisconsin Education Fair. Sun Prairie West High School will be hosting the Wisconsin Education Fair from 9:00 - 11:00 a.m. on Friday, October 7, 2022. This event will allow students the opportunity to meet with college admissions representatives from approximately 100 colleges and universities from all over the midwest at one, convenient location. Waunakee students and staff will take a bus to and from Sun Prairie for this event. If you would like to attend the Wisconsin Education Fair on October 7th, please sign up in the Counseling Office by Friday, September 30th. Please visit the Wisconsin Education Fairs website for more information.
8. Penny War – Update
Student Council is here with an update on the penny war. Seniors currently have $$, Juniors have $$, Sophmores have $$, and Freshman have $$. Don’t forget to bring in your pennies!
1. Girls Hockey will be holding their pre-season meetings at the Sun Prairie Ice Rink. There will be a New Player/Parent meeting on Oct 3rd, 6pm followed by the All Player/Parent meeting at 6:30pm
2. Attention Seniors and Interested Students: Waunakee Community High School will be hosting a Financial Aid Night on Tuesday, September 27th from 7:00-8:30pm in the PAC. The event is intended for seniors, but is open to all interested students and families. If you cannot make the in-person event on the 27th, there will be virtual events taking place on the following dates:
Sunday, October 2nd (7:00-8:00 PM)
Monday, October 24th (7:00-8:00 PM)
All events will be hosted by the UW-Madison Financial Aid Office. Please email Ms. Bunkleman if you would like the links to the virtual events.
3. Students: Loaner chromebooks must be returned before you leave each day. They need to be charged and ready for the next day.
We are implementing a new way to communicate with our families this 2022-2023 school year. We are hoping this new strategy eliminates the number of emails that you receive during the week and has one stop shop for all of their information from the Waunakee Community High School. Please take a moment to view the WARRIOR WEEKLY and stay up-to-date with all the news and announcements!
Alex Zimprich, Abi Schmeiser, Riley Collins,Alexis Anunson, Steve Frost, Sophie Liu, Theodore Liu, Moira Shrader, Danielle Amundsen, Colin Hensen, and Thomas Hughes are the only students in the history of Waunakee Community High School to achieve perfect scores on the ACT!
Alex Werndli achieved the first perfect SAT score of 2400 in the history of our school.
Waunakee Community High School was named to the 6th Annual College Board AP Honor Roll.
The AP Honor Roll consists of the 425 school districts in the U.S. and Canada that simultaneously achieved increases in access to Advanced Placement® courses for a broader number of students and also maintained or improved the rate at which their AP students earned scores of 3 or higher on an AP Exam.
Students are required to purchase a Waunakee Community School District parking permit for the school year. This will be strictly enforced.
Students must have a parking permit to park in the student lots, and they may not park in staff parking (number spots) or visitor parking at any time. Parking permits are available for Juniors and Seniors to purchase at this time through the School Store in Infinite Campus. The permits can be picked up in the high school office beginning August 29th.
Sophomores will be able to purchase a parking permit through the school store beginning September 6th.