Friday, January 27, 2023 “A” Day
Today’s Menu: Tortellini Bar, Breadstick
Creation Station: Warrior Bowl, Biscuit
Also offered: Pizza, Chicken, salads, wraps, and pasta bar
Chef Brian's Menu Monday: Tuesday: Wednesday: Warrior Wings Thursday: Friday: Santa Fe Rice Bowl -Choice of Chicken or Pork, Cheese or chipotle Sauce.
1. Students, remember your class meetings this week during Contact Time.
Class meetings are this week in the PAC:
o Freshmen - Friday, January 27
2. Reminder: Students parking on the streets, you must follow regulation distances from mailboxes and driveways. We have had calls from residents and police to move cars or they will be towed.
3. French Club members, we extended the deadline for t-shirts and need TEN more people to purchase one by Tuesday, Jan. 31. The link doesn't work at school, so please make a note to get yours when you get home TODAY! Email or see Madame if you need the link.
4. Celebrate Lunar New Year with us!
On Friday, January 27, from 4:30 - 7pm, WCHS Chinese students will ring in the Year of the Rabbit with a variety of cultural activities in the WCHS Commons. There will be food for sale, demonstrations, and performances. Everyone is welcome to attend. Don't miss this chance to experience Chinese culture!
5. If you are interested in the PE class Lifeguarding, please reach out to Ms. Denkert and/or sign up for contact time January 31 or February 2 to learn more about it.
6. Baseball open gyms have started. There is one Sunday (1/29) night from 8-9:30pm. The weight room will be open at 7pm for players wanting to lift before putting in their baseball work.
7. For those interested in learning more about or joining the Waunakee High School Boys Lacrosse program, there will be an informational and Parent/Player meeting on Tuesday, January 31 at 7 p.m. The meeting will be held in the PAC at the High School. A parent/player should plan on attending. For questions or if you can't attend the meeting, please email email@example.com.
We are also looking for managers - please email if you are interested in helping our team!
We are implementing a new way to communicate with our families this 2022-2023 school year. We are hoping this new strategy eliminates the number of emails that you receive during the week and has one stop shop for all of their information from the Waunakee Community High School. Please take a moment to view the WARRIOR WEEKLY and stay up-to-date with all the news and announcements!
Alex Zimprich, Abi Schmeiser, Riley Collins,Alexis Anunson, Steve Frost, Sophie Liu, Theodore Liu, Moira Shrader, Danielle Amundsen, Colin Hensen, and Thomas Hughes are the only students in the history of Waunakee Community High School to achieve perfect scores on the ACT!
Alex Werndli achieved the first perfect SAT score of 2400 in the history of our school.
Waunakee Community High School was named to the 6th Annual College Board AP Honor Roll.
The AP Honor Roll consists of the 425 school districts in the U.S. and Canada that simultaneously achieved increases in access to Advanced Placement® courses for a broader number of students and also maintained or improved the rate at which their AP students earned scores of 3 or higher on an AP Exam.
Students are required to purchase a Waunakee Community School District parking permit for the school year. This will be strictly enforced.
Students must have a parking permit to park in the student lots, and they may not park in staff parking (number spots) or visitor parking at any time. Parking permits are available for Juniors and Seniors to purchase at this time through the School Store in Infinite Campus. The permits can be picked up in the high school office beginning August 29th.
Sophomores will be able to purchase a parking permit through the school store beginning September 6th.