At Waunakee Community High School, we are committed to helping each student reach their full potential. To guide our efforts, our school improvement team meets annually during an activity we call our School Improvement Institute, or SII. During the summer of 2023, a team of teachers, administrators, and other school staff from Waunakee Community High School gathered together at SII to review data and create our School Improvement Plan for the 2023-2024 school year. Operating under the umbrella of our Waunakee Community School District’s strategic priorities, we developed two goals for continuous improvement for the 2023-2024 school year.
- By spring 2025, all of the available data within the following indicators will be as high or higher than the 2019 (pre-pandemic) results:
- % of ACT benchmark proficiency,
- % of 9th grade students with 90% or greater attendance
- % of 12th grade students with a cumulative GPA of 2.8 or higher
- % of students involved in co-curriculars
- % of students that earn a “C” or better in an Advanced Placement course.
- % of students earning a “C” or better in Dual Enrollment courses.
- % of students earning a “C” or better in Advanced Algebra.
- % of students that have completed more than 25 service hours.
- Students enrolled in Work Based Learning and earning Industry Recognized Credentials.
- We will continue to develop and foster a positive and inclusive school climate so that the percentage of students who report a positive social and emotional well being is maintained or improved by June of 2024 as measured by the WCHS Student Climate Survey comparing yearly concurrent months.
We believe these two goals will help create an environment where all students can thrive academically and develop as independent learners. To achieve this, we value the support and involvement of parents. Please reach out to your child's teachers to learn more about how you can support learning at home.
With our dedicated staff and engaged families working together, we know we can make great progress to support each student's growth and success this school year!